Monday, April 12, 2010

Trip from Ottawa to Verona

I left Ottawa at about 6pm on Tuesday evening. I arrived in London, England at 6:30am local time. The flight was smooth and I watch 'It's Complicated'. I had a window seat and was able to sleep off-and-on.

(Heathrow Airport, taking the bus from one terminal to another)

I was in London for 3 hours and by this time had a full-on head cold. I picked up some medication for it and killed time.

I napped during my 2 hour flight to Vienna and had a sandwich and pop. I sat in the second last row from the rear of the plane without anyone beside me. I was a.o.k. with that!

My layover in Vienna was 7.5 hours of sitting in terminal and trying to manage my very runny nose. I tell you, it seemed to be running a marathon. My sinuses hurt and I was not a happy camper. I read, planned, and watched some Godfather (Part 1). It was a long and uncomfortable day.

Here's a picture of the plane I took from Vienna to Verona and views from my window seat:


(what a beautiful sunset - the picture really doesn't do it justice!)

As you may gather, it wasn't a quite flight (and my ears hurt due to sinus disaster unfolding in my head).

I arrived in Verona at about 9:45pm and collected my baggage. A surly security guard deemed it necessary to scan my luggage. No biggie. I collected the luggage 10 seconds later, smiled, and went on the hunt for a taxi to take me to my hotel (28 Euros). I was pooped!

I checked into the hotel and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment