Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Leaving Alba

I'm packed up and about to leave Alba. The experience here has been very special and I look forward to coming back. I spent yesterday touring three wineries and have a much better appreciation of this area and the wines that come from it (mainly Barbera, Dolcetto and Nebbiolo).

I started yesterday by heading to Cascina Adelaide.


Simone (the winemaker) provided me with a full two-hour tour of their modern facility. I also tried barrel samples of three different vintages to see, from oldest to newest, the progression that the wine makes while in the barrel. Absolutely mind-blowing!


(I had wine from this barrel!!)



(Simone)

I then made my way to Francesco Borgogno (we serve their wine at Juniper), a much more rustic producer.


My final visit of the day was to Enzo Boglietti.



More photos and posts to come later. I've gotta hit the road to make my way to Alessandria to see Luigi Tacchino's operation.


1 comment:

  1. You know we are going to have to order some of the Cascina Adelaide, right? :)

    ReplyDelete